Educational Technology Support
Spartacus Systems' president and lead consultant, Randy Edwards, knows education from an educator's perspective. Providing robust and affordable consulting and technology solutions to educational institutions is a key focus of our work.
What can we do for your school? Many of our services are already described in other pages on this site -- please be sure to examine them. But several are worth repeating here.
• We are experts in free software and using it in educational settings. We have much experience in this field and for a small consulting fee we can typically provide robust and innovative solutions which can literally save your school thousands of dollars in software licensing fees.
• Would you like to run online classes? Using the free Moodle dynamic learning environment (online school; click on this link to see a full-blown demonstration of Moodle where you can log in as a student, teacher, parent, or administrator), we can install and configure the software on your servers or in our own datacenters. We use Moodle ourselves in our online classroom, and we also provide staff training to allow your teachers to take full advantage of their new online school.
• We can create a web site that will attract teachers, students and community members alike. We can implement this at a cost that is so low it's almost embarrassing.
Why should you host your school's Internet domain with Spartacus Systems when you already have fast Internet connections at your school?
• We can provide custom training on a variety of educational technology topics.
• We have much expertise in making the maximum use of old computer equipment. Do you have a computer lab of old but working Win98 or WinXP machines that you're going to discard? Don't do it! For a fraction of the cost of a new computer lab we can turn those machines into "net PCs" which run modern software at "normal" speeds.
Have questions? Have a project in mind but you wonder if it is viable and realistic? If so, don't hesitate to contact us.